Thursday, August 1, 2013

24 days till school starts?? Where did summer go?

I'm not exactly sure where July has gone.  It seems to have came and went far too quickly.

We have 24 days till school starts. Normally at this time of year I am filled with excitement about a fresh new start to school... this year... well I'm having a difficult time.

This calendar year... so far has been such a tumultuous one. Mike's PSA level was 0 on July 2nd~ Praise God! I don't think I'd really taken a breath since his diagnosis February 12th.

Cody is entering his senior year of high school... although it seems like just yesterday he started kindergarten. He has not had the best summer- pain wise- so the goal is to get his pain/flares under control so going away to college next fall (next fall?? really am I old enough to have 2 college students?) is a viable option for him.

It seems his run with Orencia is coming to an end and a new infusion medicine is in his future. Which also means starting infusions at the hospital again instead of home ~ sigh~.

I have been feeling emotionally fragile these days... it seems as if the slightest thing can bring me to tears. But one thing I have been learning this bitter and yet sweet year is that God is gracious, merciful, and patient as He teaches me. I am learning that I don't have to have it all figured out because He can and will redeem my mistakes. And most importantly- a little grace can go a long way. 


No comments:

Post a Comment