Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Snow days are for coffee, blogging and cooking!

Snow, lots and lots of it is coming down fairly quickly here in my little area of south-central Pennsylvania. Which means one thing for me a SNOW DAY!


I got to enjoy a nice leisurely cup of coffee this morning in my PJ's at 7:30.
Then I had to dig my way out to the chicken coop to let out the girls. My girls were not that excited about the snow. 


A highlight of a snow day for me is getting to spend the school day with
these two kiddos. So Lucas and I are navigating Biology and Literary 
Analysis & Comprehension. Hannah is doing Physics and Honors British 
& World Literature.

While the kids are plugging away at these subjects I also get to cook!
So for lunch, we are having deconstructed pizza and brownies. For dinner, simmering away in the crockpot is a big batch of buffalo chicken soup!




Food and nourishment we will need for the big dig out. The soup and pizza are Keto recipes. For the pizza, I used Rotel tomatoes instead of just diced ones. Lucas noticed the chilies right away. I said they add a little kick, he said more like a solar flare. I just love this kid sensory issues and all, he makes our lives interesting!

How are you spending your snow day?




No comments:

Post a Comment