Tuesday, October 9, 2012

O hush October morning mild...


October

BY ROBERT FROST
O hushed October morning mild,
Thy leaves have ripened to the fall;
Tomorrow’s wind, if it be wild,
Should waste them all.
The crows above the forest call;
Tomorrow they may form and go.
O hushed October morning mild,
Begin the hours of this day slow.
Make the day seem to us less brief.
Hearts not averse to being beguiled,
Beguile us in the way you know.
Release one leaf at break of day;
At noon release another leaf;
One from our trees, one far away.
Retard the sun with gentle mist;
Enchant the land with amethyst.
Slow, slow!
For the grapes’ sake, if they were all,
Whose leaves already are burnt with frost,
Whose clustered fruit must else be lost—
For the grapes’ sake along the wall.

   This morning I was up bright and early... not 
because I wanted to be or had to be...but 
because I couldn't sleep. Our Siamese has taken 
to demanding food as soon as someone stirs.  I
moved enough apparently for him to think I was 
fair game.

    I actually, once I force myself out of that
semiconscious state, enjoy being up
when no one else is.  I love the quiet of the house. 
love curling up in my favorite chair with a cup of tea
and my bible. Starting my day this way centers me
and allows me to cast all my worries of the day and
hand over to the One who cares for me.


    Blessed are You, O Lord our God, King of the universe, Who has kept us in life, and has preserved us, and enabled us to reach this season. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment