Monday, October 15, 2012

Be still....

  R and I were talking about how the semester is just about
halfway over... wow.  On Wednesday I get to bring our girl home
for her first visit in eight weeks (we've been up to see her but,
she hasn't been home in that time).  It's going to be so nice
to have under our own roof for a couple days.

  It is really a marvelous thing to see your children grow and mature.
R is finding her niche at school and that is wonderful to see.
C is plugging away on his full schedule and senior project. H 
and L are showing great strides as independent learners.  All these
things make life so much more pleasurable for this mama.

  Children although loads of work are blessings in thousands of ways.
I think mine have taught me much more than I've ever taught them.

   On Wednesday night L came home from church telling me he
needed to spend time every night letting God speak to him.  So that
evening oh about 20 minutes after he laid down, he sought me out...
"Mom", he says ,"I don't know what to do God's just not talking .."
We ended up having a great conversation about prayer and reading God's 
word (of course it reminded me about how impatient I am for God to speak
and answer me at times).

         "Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted
         among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth."
                                Psalm 46:10



   

No comments:

Post a Comment