Monday, October 1, 2012

October is crisp days and cool nights, a time to curl up around the dancing flames and sink into a good book.

Autumn is the second spring when every leaf is a flower
~ Albert Camus

   Driving down the road today I noticed how the leaves were 
turning.  I absolutely love this time of year. The crispness
in the air and the beautiful leaves.  The kids and I put our fall
decorations up the other day... and Hannah and I are having a 
grand time trying lots of recipes with apples and pumpkin.  We 
can't wait to do them with Rachel when she comes home.
   Because I love this time of year it breaks my heart that this
weather that I love sometimes causes such grief to our
children.  Our rheumatologist told me today " You guys are
going to need at least a 1/2 time rheumatologist dedicated
to the care of your family!".  As Cody came off his flare
Hannah woke with stiff fingers and knees. We started her on
a run of prednisone that was a long week...quite a few nights 
she woke up in the middle of the night hungry.  Yesterday
was her last day and boom the pain is back.  So we will be
squeezing a doctors visit this week and looking at other options.
   Also Cody's jaw seems to popping quite a bit when he eats
it's a little unnerving.. so I guess an MRI is in our future as
well.
   So now is the time we start to embrace comfort measures
and tricks. Electric blankets turned on 20 to 30 minutes before
getting out of bed can take the edge off of stiffness.  Curling
up in bed with a hot water bottle to do school.  And we purpose
in our hearts to be thankful.
  My mother always said when things look their worst start 
counting your blessings. That practice has held me in good
stead. I am teaching it to my children ~ it's hard to worry
and complain when your reminiscing about God's faithfulness
or the blessings He's given.
  
   

  

No comments:

Post a Comment