Thursday, February 22, 2018

Rare disease an adventure

I was more adventurous in my younger years. I did journey 8hrs and 500 miles away from Pennsylvania to a sweet little town called Lost Creek, Kentucky for my first teaching job after college. It was there I met and married this sweet guy and started an adventure of a lifetime. Twenty-six years and four children later life the adventure continues daily.

This disease has been and continues to be an adventure. The dictionary
defines adventure as 1. an exciting or very unusual experience. and 2. a 
bold usually risky undertaking: a hazardous action of uncertain outcome. 
Check and check.

People often ask what exactly is it? I have to say well our "working 
diagnosis" is Systemic Onset Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis because we 
think it could be that but even the experts are not sure. So... the search
for a diagnosis... is an ongoing you guessed it adventure.

The downside to this adventure is fever, rash, swollen lymph nodes,
enlarged liver and spleen, inflammation of the lining of the lungs and 
or heart and the list goes on and on. The newest plot twist
sensorineural hearing loss. So the quest for a diagnosis continues.

Yet there is another adventure playing out simultaneously in my life.
My walk with God is the most wonderful part of this journey. The stakes and rewards are great and enduring. He is my strength when I can't go on.
Quite frankly I don't know how I would get through some of the difficult days without Him by my side.

No comments:

Post a Comment