Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

For the past couple of years it has seemed as if January couldn't come soon enough... I was ready for a new year.  Funny this year has probably been the hardest in at least the past twenty two years.  And although I am not totally sorry to see it go I can't say it was a bad year either. Hard yes~ bad well not really...

You see although it has been tremendously hard year, we have been
blessed beyond measure. Mike's cancer, the financial issues that ensued from that, other various trials like little foxes stealing grapes threatened our faith and sanity at times. And yet by God's grace and mercy we are still standing. Over and over again God has shown himself faithful, even when we were faithless, providing in ways we couldn't even imagined.

I am often like the children of Israel wandering in the desert, I forget too quickly the miracles God just performed. I am learning to trust 
my deliverer. This year has been a long lesson in learning to trust Him.



Tomorrow is another milestone. Cody turns eighteen. Eighteen! Ten years
ago we were discussing heart valve replacements and tomorrow he's eighteen. We still haven't had a miraculous healing ~heck we don't even have a  for certain diagnosis.  But I can say without a doubt after this year especially that God has a plan and He keeps his promises and I know he has something for Cody to do. And Mike and I are blessed to be a part of that plan.




No comments:

Post a Comment